Friday, January 3, 2014

More top 100 courses added to my schedule for 2014!




Mississippi and Las Vegas were added to my travel schedule for March. Since there are no top 100 courses in the U.S. located in Mississippi, I decided to check out the Top 100 Courses You Can Play list at Golf.com. Two were listed, one within 15 minutes of where I am scheduled to have meetings - Fallen Oak. I immediately picked up the phone and booked a tee time for a few hours after my plane lands. The other, Dancing Rabbit, is about a three hour drive. But, I have an extra day with nothing to do (on a Monday no less) so booked a tee time. At least I will get to see a good bit of Mississippi in my drive to and from.

For my Las Vegas trip later in March, I went back and forth about Shadow Creek (#56 in US) due to the cost. But, who knows when I will be back in Vegas. So, I've started saving some extra cash out of each paycheck to help pay for the green fee there. I will probably be able to fit in 3-4 rounds the week I am there.  If I can fit them all in, I think I will look to the Top 100 Courses You Can Play list again and see if I can secure tee times at Cascata GCWolf Creek, and Wynn Las Vegas.

I am also waiting to hear back from Kingston Heath GC for an afternoon tee time on May 19 (which would follow a morning tee time at Royal Melbourne). Additionally, I am waiting to hear back from New South Wales GC and Royal Adelaide GC.

For July 17 and the 22, it looks like I may be able to fit both courses at Woodhall Spa (#62 in the world) on one day, and Ganton Golf Club (#84 in the world) on the other day. I am still waiting to hear back from both clubs.

I had two days open at the end of my business trip in England. I was able to secure a tee time at Royal St. George's GC (#29 in the world) for July 24. I am also waiting to hear back from Rye GC (#96 in the world) for a tee time confirmation on July 25. Additionally, I have some friends and acquaintances in England reaching out to see if they can get me a tee time at Swinley Forest (#92 in the world).  England should be a phenomenal trip!

My boss also informed me I was tentatively approved for a trip that will take me to Portugal, Spain, and South Africa in October. If that comes through, I will be adding Oitavos Dunes (#65 world), Valderrama (#98 world), and Durban Country Club (#100 world) to my list.

I will keep my schedule updated HERE as things are approved and confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment