Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Life happens

February 11, 2014 

I have a range of emotions this morning. Between frustration, depression, anger, and a mix of others, today just sucks.

Yesterday on my first round at Bandon Dunes, on the 18th fairway, I rolled my left ankle on a sprinkler head. It didn't seem too bad, so I put on an ankle brace, got some lunch, and then started my second round. Apparently, I was subconsciously putting extra stress on my right foot trying to compensate for the injury, and somewhere around the 4th or 5th hole, I pulled or strained a muscle on the outside of my right foot. I made it through the front nine, but had to call it quits after the ninth as I was in some serious pain that was hurting just standing, and made worse by walking.

 Once I got back to The Lodge, I sat in the hot tub four different, 30 minute sessions. Later, I elevated and iced both left ankle and right foot on and off for the next six hours. I still held out hope that 12 hours rest and care would help enough to at least let me play one round a day. Unfortunately, when I woke up this morning, the right foot was worse, not better. On a positive note, the left ankle feels much better.

 So, my awesome golf vacation to Bandon Dunes was cut short after one day and 27 holes. I am very disheartened at the moment, but I have rescheduled this trip for a week in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment